Monday 13 August 2012

What to do if you're bored

Summer expectations. The idea of fun, happiness, teen years and beaches all come flashing before your eyes.

Summer reality. Computer, tumblr, hoping your friends come back from holiday and missing school... (maybe that ones just me..)

Overall, if you're reading this, I'd say 93.76% of you are bored.

On the other hand, 90% of statistics aren't true...

So what do we do?

  1. Go out and get some sort of summer job, some extra money is always appreciated after all.

For those of you anywhere else in the world this is ideal, go work at a coffee shop or something, a great way to force yourself out of the house.

For those of us living in the UK, if you've attempted this, you'll understand how difficult it is to come across a job like this.

So why not do something different? Helping at a charity shop, despite not getting money, is a great way to get a similar experience and feeling really good about yourself. Go call up your local charity shop and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to accommodate you.

    2. Get fit.


No, I don't mean go starve yourself or over exercise but I mean once in a while get up half an hour earlier than usual and go have a jog in the park or something. 

Take a sport. 

Heck, even try eat healthily. 

I don't know about you, but this is absolutely impossible for me. So start off slowly, trade that cupcake for some sort of fruit you love (for me it's apples.. yum) and you'll get yourself into a routine, still eating junk, but a moderate amount.

    3. Start a blog!


I love love love writing this, even though I've only had it for a day, maybe less since google deactivated it as a spam blog! But none the less its a great way to channel your creativity and who knows, one day it could lead to you writing a magazine article!

   4. Paint your nails.


When I say I never painted my nails, I mean I NEVER painted my nails and they remained all gross and unloved. Now with a bit of free time, as I'm typing this I'm looking at an array of rainbow colours as my nails are painted in beautiful pastel colours. They look so pretty! 

   5. Stumbleupon.com


If after my other suggestions you really can still not be bothered to lift your bum from your seat, don't fret, Tiger's here to help! 

Stumbleupon is an amazing website for when boredom kicks in. Its free, simple and easy to use (WOW can you believe I'm not advertising it?!) and you sign up and tick boxes of your interests and it shows you the craziest, coolest and sometimes amazingly eye opening websites EVER. Here are a few of my favourites to get you started..



I nearly started crying when I saw this one..



Hope this unboredoms all of you!

-Tiger


2 comments:

  1. Great post and great advice. I love StumbleUpon. More good advice: Youtube. Great time waster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isn't youtube amazing? Ever want to waste your time tastefully, the Ellen show has amazing clips on youtube!

      Delete